What Types of Personal Information We Collect
The Personal Information that the Service collects from or about you may include:
- Contact Information such as name, postal addresses, telephone numbers, and e‐mail addresses;
- Billing Account and Subscriber numbers and other information on statements;
- Information about bank checking accounts, debit card accounts and credit card accounts, if you decide to add these Funding Accounts to make Payments to Paymitly.
- Information such as birth date and National Identity Number to help verify your identity;
- Your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on the Services’ website;
- Information provided to us by identity verification services; and
- Information to help authenticate your access to the Service.
How and from Whom We Collect Your Information
The Service may collect Personal Information about you from your use of the Service, from Paymitly, from you directly through your entry of information for the Service, and from service providers under contract who assist us with identity verification and fraud prevention. Additionally, we may collect information from your financial institutions and credit card companies in the course of executing, researching, and supporting transactions.
How We May Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
- To complete transactions and render products and services authorized by you (such as to share the information with Paymitly to complete a Payment, and to send messages to you related to authorized services)
- To verify your identity and perform fraud screening, to verify the information contained in your eWallet accounts (such as comparing information for accuracy with third parties during the enrollment process or as you add a bank account in the Service), and to perform follow up transactions related to your Payments (e.g., returns and chargebacks);
- To comply with laws and regulations, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend the Service from claims, and to protect the Service’s rights and property, and as permitted by applicable law;
- To complete a change of control transaction in which all or a portion of Paymitly operations and business are purchased or acquired by a third party; and
- As otherwise authorized by you.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account or otherwise use the Service. This type of cookie helps us recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
You may encounter cookies from third parties when using the Service on websites that we do not control (for example, if you view a web page created by a third party or use an application developed by a third party, there may be a cookie placed by that web page or application.)
How We Keep Your Information Secure
To ensure your Personal Information remains confidential, the Service maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information. We update and test our technology frequently to improve these protections and to ensure the integrity of your Personal Information.
The Service has policies and procedures that limit employee access to your Personal Information to those with a business reason to have such information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy, and we take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our privacy practices.
Compliance with Applicable Laws